Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cravings

It seems to me that finally most doll companies got tired of loosing money and have somehow stepped up their Game. Well Kinda, Sorta....
Did they finally realize either you come up with better stuff or collectors won't buy?
Last year I saw an increase on the OOAK, and off brand market, many people released more that normally and since the smaller sellers (mostly people that make their own stuff) have been really smart, they made what people wante4d to buy in quantities that were right for the market, they probably as a group, outsold any of the big names...
But this year from Robert Tonner , to Integrity, to (gasp) Mattel they all seem to have been offering GREAT stuff ( or should I say Better stuff that Last year)
I have already 3 Tonner doll on preorder (albeit for their outfits only but a first in several years), I kind of want a Silkstone or 2 (may wait for those to go on sale) and I am loving the few pics of Flawless Elise I’ve seen(FR2 that it happens to be not so flawless ..but I love her face!!) , I totally wish I was paying attention when she went on sale
I wander if this trend (of making better stuff because collectors are tired of the same shit in different colors) will continue...
Who knows but this is definitely a year where you’ve got to be smart with your pennies there are several good options out there…

No comments: